June 15-17, 2022 in Wilmington, NC
Highly Fluorinated Compounds – Environmental Justice and Scientific Discovery
Conference Website: https://go.ncsu.edu/pfas2022
Join us for the 3rd National PFAS Conference this June in the coastal town of Wilmington, NC. This community is part of the Cape Fear River Watershed in which GenX-contaminated drinking water was first detected. This conference series is uniquely designed to exchange information, provide support to PFAS-affected communities, and facilitate engagement across diverse sectors involved with PFAS to accelerate the protection of health and the environment. (Information and recorded sessions from the previous meetings can be found here).
At This Conference, We Will…
- Highlight local community perspectives and global impacts of PFAS
- Continue collaborative conversations that integrate cutting-edge scientific discoveries with the complex social and political contexts of affected communities that are often marginalized and underserved
- Identify the best methods to share findings and ensure ongoing communication between researchers, PFAS sectors, and affected communities
- Share information and resources that respond to needs identified by affected communities and other diverse PFAS sectors
- Strengthen existing and establish new collaborations between researchers, communities, and political and public sectors to encourage coordinated and solution-based approaches that will prevent future PFAS contamination and exposure-related health risks
This meeting is funded, in part, by the National Institutes of Environmental Health Sciences.